July 23-27, 2012
Featuring top instruction led by Minnesota Swarm coaches, players, staff and special guest counselors. Camp will take place at the Cloquet Forestry Center and the Fond du Lac Community Center.
2011 Lax-4-Life Camp Participants
The Minnesota Swarm Professional Lacrosse Team, Minnesota Army National Guard and the Fond du Lac Band of Chippewa have partnered up to bring Lacrosse back to the Tribal Communities. These partners look at this unique venture as a way of offering a healthy alternative to much that afflicts our children, to include gangs, drugs, violence and obesity. Develop your stick skills and learn offensive and defensive strategies from Minnesota Swarm players, coaches and staff while preserving the heritage of the game of Lacrosse! This camp is designed for a beginner picking up his stick for the first time and experienced players. Our camp staff will give you valuable feedback that will inspire you to be the best lacrosse player you can be. Come learn your stick work and tactical knowledge, gain confidence and have fun!
The goal of this camp is to inspire kids to have fun playing lacrosse so they can bring it back to their tribal communities!
• Basic and intermediate lacrosse instruction
• Individual skill development
• Tactical instruction and competitive play
• 5 v 5 game play sessions
• Cultural and community classes
• Healthy habits and nutrition workshops
• Athletic speed and agility training
• Lacrosse equipment maintenance lessons (stick stringing, etc)
• Evening recreational activities
Lax-For-Life Lacrosse Campers accommodations will be hosted at The Cloquet Forestry Center. The Cloquet Forestry Center (CFC) is situated on 3,506 acres of an actively managed forest. The Centers’ forest types are representative of the boreal forest biome. All lodging units are modern dorm style with a private bath. Each unit also has a furnished kitchen available at no additional cost for groups who want to cook their own meals. Breakfast and Dinner will be served at the Forestry Center.
The day to day activities including lacrosse skills and cultural heritage education will be hosted at the Fond Du Lac Reservation Community Center. This facility is home to a football sized seeded grass field as well as a swimming pool, cafeteria, basketball court, work-out center, library, classrooms and video arcade. Lunch will be hosted at the Community Center each day.
The Camp Banquet will be hosted at the beautiful Convention Center at Black Bear Casino Resort.
Monday, July 2nd, 2012
Friday, July 6th, 2012
Monday, July 23rd, 2012
Friday, July 27th, 2012
• Assistant Coach for the Minnesota Swarm (NLL) lacrosse team
• Assistant Coach for the University of Minnesota Men's Club lacrosse team
• Head Coach of the East Ridge High School lacrosse team
• Former Professional Lacrosse Player (NLL) with The Columbus Landsharks, Montreal Express and the Buffalo Bandits [5 years]
• Director of the Minnesota Swarm Youth Box League
• Five years Junior “A” level for Sarnia Pacers and the Peterborough Lakers Major “A” team
• Played Four years in the (WLA) with the Newestminster Salmonbellies
• Played eight years in the MSL with the Barrie Lakeshores, Akwesasne Indians and The Brampton Excelsiors, where his team won three Ontario championships along with the Mann Cup ('02)
• Transition player for the Minnesota Swarm
• Swarm team captain
• 2012 NLL Transition Player of the Year
• 2012 West All-Star Starter & Assistant Captain
• 2011 NLL 1st Round Pick (4th overall)
*This is the preferred form of registration. Either will sufice.
With both forms of registration the Health Forms and waivers must be sent in separately.