Dear Swarm Fan,
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The Swarm need your help, and we are writing this letter today to explain why, and what you might do to help.
WHY DO WE THINK YOU SHOULD HELP THE SWARM?
Simply put, we believe we have earned your support and your help. Here are some of the reasons why.
First, as we enter our 10th Season as Minnesota's Professional Lacrosse Team, and finish our 5th year of ownership, we are told by fans of all ages and backgrounds that we have one of the most entertaining and competitive professional sports teams in Minnesota. A few examples include:
• For the 2nd season in a row we reached the Division Finals of our league playoffs
• Swarm Players received 17 NLL Weekly Awards in 2013 more than any other team
• The Swarm tied for the best home record in the NLL
• The team became the first since 2005 to score 20 goals in back to back games
• Franchise records were set for most goals in a season (219) and a single game (21)
• The Swarm had the youngest team in the NLL in 2013 and added top prospects through this year's Entry Draft including Logan Schuss (#1 Overall), Jason Noble (#2 Overall), Cam Flint (#4 Overall) and Scott Jones (#7 Overall).
In addition to our exciting young team, a second reason that we believe we have earned your help and support is that we have been a huge supporter of the growth of lacrosse in the State of Minnesota. Just a few examples of this support include:
• We are developing young lacrosse players through our Youth Box League (YBL) which in 2013 served over 1,500 participants making it the largest league of its kind in the NLL
• We are the Presenting Sponsor of the Mr. & Ms. Lacrosse awards honoring the best high school lacrosse players in the state
• We have supported the growth of lacrosse in new areas with our Native American outreach programs
• We have provided financial support for Minnesota lacrosse teams, schools and organizations with over $150,000 raised through Swarm fund raising programs and donations since 2010
• We recently introduced a High School Box Lacrosse league and Jr. Swarm Box team to further the development of elite lacrosse players in the state
A third reason that we've earned your support is that we have never asked for handouts or gifts. On the contrary, we have worked diligently to change our business model in many different ways rather than expect others to fix it for us. We recognize that not everyone understands what we have done and why we have done it, and we are willing to accept the criticism in order to give this team the best chance to survive. Unfortunately, our success on the field and our assistance with the growth of lacrosse in Minnesota has come at the price of tremendous financial losses that are not sustainable over another 5 years of ownership. We want to be clear on one point..... this is not about making a profit. We would be happy to merely lose less money than we have in the past. We are passionate owners that have invested heavily because we love the sport of lacrosse, want to see the sport grow in Minnesota, and want desperately to win a Champions Cup for our players, our fans, and our organization. However, we have learned over the past 5 years that despite our best efforts, we can’t do it on our own. We don’t need gifts or handouts, but we do need the support of the fans that know and love our sport and our team.
HOW CAN YOU HELP? THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE. HELP US SECURE MORE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS!
The life-blood of any professional sports franchise is the Season Ticket Holder Base. Nowhere is this more true than in the National Lacrosse League. Successful NLL teams have a season ticket base of at least 6,000 and a few teams have as many as 10,000 season ticket holders. In 2013, the Swarm's season ticket holder base was roughly 2,500. In order to put ourselves in a position to continue to support the growth of lacrosse in Minnesota and field a competitive and financially viable team, we have set a goal of 4,000 season ticket holders for the 2014 season. This is unlikely to eliminate our losses, but it will show significant support and progress that will give us optimism for the future.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP US REACH OUR GOAL OF 4,000 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS:
1) RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKETS:
If you have been a Swarm Season Ticket Holder at any time in the past, but for whatever reason have not yet renewed your Season Tickets for the 2014 Season the easiest way for you to show your support is to purchase or renew your Season Tickets. >> Renew Here
2) REFER YOUR FRIENDS:
The best advertising we can do is through our current Season Ticket Holders. We need your help. We hear stories all the time about people who come to Swarm games with Season Ticket Holders and have an amazing night. NOW is the time to fully welcome your guests into The Hive as new Season Ticket Holders.
3) REFER A BUSINESS:
Support of the corporate community is imperative to the Swarm's success. Season tickets are an incredible value with a cost that can be easily incurred by businesses of all sizes. Employee rewards and client entertainment are just two ways season tickets can be used. Maybe you know of, work for or own a local business that could benefit from Swarm Season Tickets.
4) BECOME A NEW SWARM SEASON TICKET HOLDER:
If you have attended a Swarm game in the past, we are betting you had an incredible time. If so, show your support by becoming a new Swarm season ticket holder for 2014. >> Buy Online
To some this call for help might seem like just another sports franchise looking for help at the expense of the fans. That is definitely not true in this situation. We have invested our time and energy as well as millions of dollars in this team and this city, and we want to be realistic and upfront with where we stand. It is hard to say exactly how causes get supported. We are sure the answer to that varies with each individual situation. However, we think the Minnesota Swarm is a cause worth supporting. We aren't asking for giveaways or handouts. We are just asking you to help us reach our goal of 4,000 season tickets for the 2014 season. The owners of those season tickets will have an experience that is undeniably the best that a sports franchise has to offer. In any business this is called value, and we are confident that a Swarm season ticket has tremendous value for anyone who owns it.
To order Season Tickets or learn more about how you can help please contact our Ticket Sales Staff at 888-667-9276 or visit our ticket information page.
For those that may have questions or comments, please email us directly at Swarm4k@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
We thank you in advance for your help and your support.
John J. Arlotta Andy Arlotta