SAINT PAUL, Minn. -- The National Lacrosse League's (NLL) Minnesota Swarm will hold an open tryout session for prospective players during training camp on Thursday, Nov. 24 in Hagersville, Ontario. All players with a high level of experience are invited to attend this one-day event.
The following information regarding tryouts has been provided by associate general manager and assistant coach Joe Sullivan.
- Prospective players are expected to be on time and prepared for all team events. To be granted a tryout, players need to contact Joe Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) beforehand.
- Players trying out will participate in the Swarm's Rookie Camp, which is a one-day event comprised of open invites and Swarm draft picks. The camp will take place on Thursday, Nov. 24 at the Iroquois Lacrosse Arena (details and address below).
- Prospective players that advance past the team's Rookie Camp will be required to stay the weekend for the team's main training camp, which runs Nov. 25 - 27.
- Prospective players in need of a hotel room for the weekend should contact Joe Sullivan as soon as possible. Rooms will be given on a needs basis. American born players will receive a hotel room for tryouts.
- Players trying out should bring all of their gear as no equipment will be supplied at this camp. Players will need their workout gear to also participate in the team's fitness testing and physicals.
- Flights will be arranged shortly for all out of country and out of province players. Please contact Joe Sullivan for any issues that need to be taken care of before tryouts.
2012 Rookie Camp (Thursday, November 24)
11 a.m. - 12 p.m. -- American player tutorial
1 - 2 p.m. -- Practice
4 - 6 p.m. -- Inter-squad scrimmage
To arrange a tryout, contact Joe Sullivan at email@example.com
Tryouts will be held at:
3201 Second Line Rd RR#6
Hagersville, ON N0A1H0
From London: Hwy-401 east to Hwy-403. Hwy-403 east (toward Brantford) to Garden Ave./Cainsville exit (just east of Brantford). After exiting, proceed south towards the Cainsville traffic lights. At the traffic light, continue straight onto Hwy-254 and proceed to Hwy-54. Turn left on Hwy-54 and proceed approx. 15 km to Chiefswood Road. Turn right on Chiefswood Rd. and proceed approx. 10 km to 2nd Line. Turn left on 2nd Line and proceed approx. 8 km to arena on the left.
From Toronto: QEW to Hamilton QEW to Hwy-403. Hwy-403 to Upper James St. (Hwy-6) exit. Proceed south on Hwy-6 approx. 30 km to 2nd Line (before Hagersville). Turn right on 2nd Line and proceed approx. 3.5 km to arena on the right.
From Hamilton: Upper James south (becomes Hwy-6) approx. 35 km to 2nd Line (before Hagersville). Turn right on 2nd Line and proceed approx. 3.5 km to arena on the right