July 21-25, 2014
Featuring top instruction led by Minnesota Swarm coaches, players, staff and special guest counselors. Camp will take place at the Cloquet Forestry Center and the Fond du Lac Community Center.
The Minnesota Swarm Professional Lacrosse Team, Minnesota Army National Guard and the Fond du Lac Band of Chippewa have partnered up to bring Lacrosse back to the Tribal Communities. These partners look at this unique venture as a way of offering a healthy alternative to much that afflicts our children, to include gangs, drugs, violence and obesity. Develop your stick skills and learn offensive and defensive strategies from Minnesota Swarm players, coaches and staff while preserving the heritage of the game of Lacrosse! This camp is designed for a beginner picking up his stick for the first time and experienced players. Our camp staff will give you valuable feedback that will inspire you to be the best lacrosse player you can be. Come learn your stick work and tactical knowledge, gain confidence and have fun!
The goal of this camp is to inspire kids to have fun playing lacrosse so they can bring it back to their tribal communities!
• Basic and intermediate lacrosse instruction
• Individual skill development
• Tactical instruction and competitive play
• 5 v 5 game play sessions
• Cultural and community classes
• Healthy habits and nutrition workshops
• Athletic speed and agility training
• Lacrosse equipment maintenance lessons (stick stringing, etc)
• Evening recreational activities
Lax-For-Life Lacrosse Campers accommodations will be hosted at The Cloquet Forestry Center. The Cloquet Forestry Center (CFC) is situated on 3,506 acres of an actively managed forest. The Centers’ forest types are representative of the boreal forest biome. All lodging units are modern dorm style with a private bath. Each unit also has a furnished kitchen available at no additional cost for groups who want to cook their own meals. Breakfast and Dinner will be served at the Forestry Center.
The day to day activities including lacrosse skills and cultural heritage education will be hosted at the Fond Du Lac Reservation Community Center. This facility is home to a football sized seeded grass field as well as a swimming pool, cafeteria, basketball court, work-out center, library, classrooms and video arcade. Lunch will be hosted at the Community Center each day.
The Camp Banquet will be hosted at the beautiful Convention Center at Black Bear Casino Resort.
Monday, July 21st, 2014
Friday, July 25th, 2014
• Assistant Coach for the Minnesota Swarm
• Head Coach of the East Ridge High School lacrosse team
• Former NLL player with the Columbus Landsharks, Montreal Express and the Buffalo Bandits.
• Director of the Minnesota Swarm Youth Box League and Jr. Swarm Team
• Team Captain for the Minnesota Swarm
• 2012 NLL Transition Player of the Year
• 2012 NLL All-Star Assistant Captain
• 2010 NLL first-round draft pick out of R.I.T.
*This is the preferred form of registration. Either will sufice. Registration for camp members must be filled out by the chaperones attending the camp. Chaperones please email Alec Schimke at firstname.lastname@example.org for the registration link. Boys and girls ages 13-15 are invited to attend.
With both forms of registration the Health Forms and waivers must be sent in separately.
* To register for the 2014 Lax-4-Life Camp, community chaperones should submit the paper work for all of the kids from their reservation who will be attending the camp. All three files need to be filled out and turned in by the chaperone.